Xbox one notifications not working
One of the common issues an Xbox user can have is to face the Xbox one notifications not working error. It’s an option that is required, but sometimes it doesn’t do its part. Well, there are a few ways to fix the issue and move on with your gaming. So let’s see what those simple ways to fix them:
Turning on your Notification
If you have tried all methods to check why you aren’t receiving any notifications, which means Xbox notification is not working, we can suggest little easy steps to get back your access towards the notification.
- Firstly visit the profile option.
- Click on the settings options located in your dashboard and select “All Settings at the top.”
- Select the “preferences” option visible.
- Now select the “Notification banners ON “option located on your next page.
- Check if the notification has been enabled with a tick mark. If not, then enables it.
- Now select “Xbox notifications” options located on the same page
- On your next page, you can get to see the various options you can enable and disable. You can enable or disable them as per your choice.
- Select the “Preference App Notifications option, which is seen after the Xbox notification option.
- Next, click on “Preference Default notification position.”
- On the next page, you can choose the location where you want to get all the notifications to appear.
- Next, click on “Preference notification timing” and select the Show option.
Reset the Xbox Application
Another method to try and check why the notifications aren’t appearing is by resetting your Xbox by long-pressing the power button for about 4 to 6 seconds and then releasing the power button. The Xbox will turn on.
- Reset Xbox using Windows
- Select “Window + I “simultaneously and select the “Settings” options.
- From the settings menu, select the “Apps” option and then select the Xbox App option.
- Click to select the “Xbox Application” once it opens to the next page, select the “Advanced Options.”
- Keep Scrolling downwards to find the reset button
- Click on the “Reset” button.
- Xbox will thus be reset.
Allow Xbox Application To Run In Background
If your Xbox application does not run in the background, then that might cause the user to receive any notifications. Thus one solution to this problem is to allow Xbox to run in the background. Let’s see the steps to be done to execute it.
- On the search bar located at the bottom of the main page, search for “Privacy Settings” and click it.
- In the left pane on the new Privacy, window search for the “Background Apps” option and select it.
- Scroll down to select the “Xbox Console Companion” from the list of applications.
- Make sure to turn on the Xbox application by sliding the menu option, which turns on the Xbox Application.
Update the Xbox Application
Ensure to have installed the latest version of Xbox to have smooth troubleshooting while uninstall and reinstalling the Xbox App by following these steps mentioned below:
- Look for “Windows PowerShell” in the search bar; when you find the Windows PowerShell option, right-click on it and select the “Run as Administrator “option.
- Click to choose “YES” if any notification pops up.
- In the pop-up Window PowerShell window, type in the following command and press “Enter.”
Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
- Once the application is uninstalled now, we must download the Xbox application again.
- Once Xbox is downloaded, check if the version is the latest one and check if the error still persists.
In most cases, users face the issue of not receiving any notifications, just in the case you are using the Spotify application in the Full-Screen mode. Therefore, it is recommended to try and use the Xbox application in Windows mode to avoid facing such issues.
Remove Your In-Built Game Bar
Here is another way to get the issue sorted
- Navigate to your Settings app and later go to the Gaming section Disable the Game Bar.
- After this, click on the Windows Key along with the “X” key again. A list will appear.
- Select the PowerShell option and enter the command given below
- Now we need to open the “Companion App” from Xbox and then enable the “Party And Game” from the Notifications option from the Setting menu.
Temporary disablement of the Focus Assist:
Sometimes in rare cases, users face this issue where the focus assist could be the reason for disabling Xbox notification. The Focus Assist feature of Windows has been made to prevent unnecessary interruption when users are engaged in some important tasks. The notification of other apps or any other information notified could be distractive and disturbing, especially during a presentation. Whereas disabling the notifications can sometimes fail the Xbox One app notifications. The solution to this one is simple. The user should try temporarily disabling the Focus Assist feature and then check if doing so fixes the issue.
So, now you don’t need to feel disturbed while gaming. There are solutions for them. Now it’s sure that any user who is facing this issue could tackle this notification error of “Xbox one notifications not working” by trying the above-mentioned methods that many have used and found it as a resolution to the user problem. Using Xbox, millions of users have sorted the issue with the above solution, so are you. Different sites have discussed the above solutions, proving that these solutions do really work.